The strategic objectives in NanoDefine are aimed to deliver the following main products:
- The NanoDefiner e-tool: Standardised automated procedure for method selection and NM classification for the most economic implementation of the definition
- The NanoDefine Method Manual: Technical guidance on the use of available methodologies
- Standard operation procedures (SOPs): for analysis of materials and products
- CEN/ISO work items: for key methods
- Calibration standards and reference materials: potentially to be certified later
- Instruments prototypes: tailored to the requirements of the definition
- Technology transfer: of developed methods to end users.
This will be achieved through a series of well-structured, interdependent work packages and a consortium of top European RTD performers, metrology institutes, and nanomaterials and instrument manufacturers.